(Our household consists of two adults and two teen-age girls in Jr. High and High School. We have recently enacted some rules for preventing the spread of influenza.)
1) Everyone washes their hands in the downstairs bathroom immediately upon returning from anywhere (bus, train, running, school, grocery store, church, etc.)
2) No washing at the kitchen sink. This is where we prepare food.
3) Each bathroom should have sanitizing wipes and they should be used daily or every other day to wipe down, in this order:
– door knobs
– light switches
– faucet handles
– toilet handles
4) No sharing of drinking glasses, water bottles, etc. Also, no using of our personal eating utensils for serving ourselves additional helpings of food. Use of a serving spoon is required so no more dipping into the main dishes with our own fork, no using our own utensils in the jam, peanut butter, etc.
5) Each person shall have their own hand towel for the upstairs bathrooms. The downstairs bathroom will be stocked with paper towels instead of a community hand towel.