The members of the NCISS have joined together in agreement that all work and professional relationships must be of the highest ethical and moral standards. Investigators and Security Services providers shall provide professional and competent services to all clients. This code of ethics constitutes those values agreed to by the members, by virtue of their affiliation with the NCISS. This code is to be honored and practiced as a guideline for all professional activities.
- A member shall provide professional services in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
- A member shall observe, and adhere to the precepts of honesty, integrity, and truthfulness.
- A member shall be truthful, diligent, and honorable in the discharge of their professional responsibilities.
- A member shall honor each client contract, adhering to all responsibilities by providing ethical services within the limits of the law.
- A member shall safeguard confidential information and exercise the utmost care to prevent any unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- A member shall refrain from improper and unethical solicitation of business; including false or misleading claims or advertising.
- A member shall use due diligence to insure that all employees and co-workers adhere to this same code of ethical conduct; respecting all persons, performing the job diligently and working within the limits of the law.
- A member shall never knowingly cause harm or defame the professional reputation or practice of colleagues, clients, employers, or any member of the NCISS.
- A member shall never undertake an assignment that is contrary to the Constitution of the United States of America or the security interests of this country.