“EPIC is on the front lines of the most important civil liberties issues of our age, defending privacy, promoting open government, and encouraging critical public debate about the technologies that are transforming our lives. I support EPIC and I hope you will, too.”
– Bruce Schneier, internationally renowned security technologist and author
Every year EPIC sends a fundraising request to EPIC Alert subscribers to ask for a contribution to EPIC. Individual contributions are critical for the continued success of EPIC.
Here are a few of EPIC’s current campaigns:
– EPIC is seeking the legal memos from the Department of Justice concerning the President’s domestic surveillance program. We believe those memos should be made available to the public before any new surveillance laws are passed.
– EPIC is pushing for greater scrutiny of the surveillance programs funded by the Department of Homeland Security, such as video surveillance systems, “fusion centers,” and other programs that track and monitor Americans.
– EPIC is asking Internet companies to do a better job of developing privacy technologies, to give consumers more control over their information, and to limit the collection of personal data where possible.
– EPIC is promoting privacy standards for the WHOIS database. That database contains detailed information of people who register web sites; personal information should be protected.
– EPIC is pushing for privacy safeguards in the Google-Doubleclick merger. We believe there should be some limits on the profiling and tracking of Internet users.
These efforts have real consequences for your privacy, and we need your support to continue our work.
You can contribute to EPIC in two ways:
– Send a check to “EPIC,” 1718 Connecticut Ave., NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009
– Donate online at http://www.epic.org/donate
EPIC is a non-profit, charitable organization. Your contribution to EPIC is tax-deductible.
Thank you for your contribution.
And best wishes for the holiday season from all of us at EPIC.
EPIC Executive Director
P.S. If you have friends who might be interested in supporting EPIC, please forward this message.