This weekend I have started another book. I took a two month writing break. I’ve been writing almost continuously since 1998, and a break is needed now and then.
I’m really excited about this project, as this is work with a new publisher, and a new type of work for me. The book – and related instructor materials – will be used in universities, community colleges, and vocational-technical schools.
I can’t talk about the book in any detail yet. I can say that it will be published in late 2008 and be available for Winter and Spring quarters in 2009.
Like many manuscripts, it’s starting out slow. I laid out all of my chapter files with their respective TOCs, set up my chapter status and image worksheets, and gathered my reference materials. Some of my references exceed 1,000 pages and I’m finding that I am in need of some leather bookweights. Right now I’m using my tape dispenser and stapler – poor substitutes indeed.