Great Computerworld article on CIPAV. And there’s more to come: Computerworld filed a FOIA (USDOJ site here) request to get more information.
Questions answered include:
- What is CIPAV?
- What does CIPAV do?
- What happens to the data the CIPAV collects?
- Does the CIPAV capture keystrokes?
- Can the CIPAV spread on its own to other computers, either purposefully or by accident?
- Does CIPAV erase itself after its job is done?
- Does the FBI have just one stock CIPAV model?
- How did the CIPAV get onto the targeted computer?
- Is CIPAV related to “Magic Lantern”?
Full article here:
Disclaimer/disclosure: I’m an InfraGard member. In my writing about CIPAV, I’m providing only information that has already been published.